Thursday, November 19, 2009

Writers need sustenance to get through the day

For those of you who visit here, you know that I am a big foodie...and a big of a closet gourmet chef. The one thing I love is getting new recipes or a new twist on an old classic to make it even more fabulous. (And no, I'm not channeling Ina Garten, although I adore her and every meal she makes.)

Today, I woke up with a hankering for waffles. And what's better with waffles than some bacon. But see, it's much more than that. My friend, Louisa Edwards White, wrote a scene in her book CAN'T STAND THE HEAT, where her hero makes a special bacon and waffle breakfast for the heroine. He literally pours the batter onto the iron and then layers the bacon on top of the mix, then closes the lid for them to cook together.

Like any good paranormal investigator (and let's face it...this is NOT the normal way to cook bacon), I was skeptical of the results. But I tried it...

Here's what it looks like going into the waffle iron. Now, I'm sure you have a better one than this. I got this little cutie at Big Lots for a whopping $5.99!

IMG00066-20091119-1539

I let it cook a little extra longer to make sure the bacon was all crisped up, but take a look at how amazing it turned out

IMG00065-20091119-1537

So, it worked! Thanks to Louisa for turning me on to this method. I will definitely try it again in the future. May even write it in to one of the GHOST HUNTRESS books! (She says the idea comes from THE JOY OF COOKING.)

Hugs,
Marley = )

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home